Cafetto Espresso Clean is tested by NSF and certified to protocol P152. This guarantees that Cafetto Espresso Clean will not taint the coffee and is not corrosive to the espresso machine.
Coffee Machine Specilist recommends back-flushing your machine once a month OR once every kilo of coffee beans for domestic use.
Backflushing Each Group Head
1. Remove coffee filter from group handle, and replace with blind filter.
2. For daily cleaning add 1 level scoop of Espresso Clean into the group handle and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 level scoops.
3. Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
4. Stop cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
5. Start and stop cycle 4 more times – run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
6. Remove the group handle and rinse well under stream of water from delivery group. Turn off.
7. Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop cycle 10 times – run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
8. Remove blind filter and insert regular filter.
9. Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season machine.
Cleaning Filters and Group Handles:
1. Soak group handles and filters in 500ml of hot water with 2 teaspoons of Espresso Clean Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes.
2. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
NOTE: Please do not submerse the handles into the Cafetto, as this will damage the finish.