This version of the Hottop roaster incorporates many features that have been requested by users. Some of the new features include:
1) The timer now can be set by the user to count up as well as count down!
2) Bean temperature is now displayed. The color changes to this brown tone right around the time of first crack.
3) And now, environmental temperature is now displayed as well! Dual temperature displays using our newly designed K thermocouples. The bean thermocouple has been placed so that it is immersed in the bean mass throughout the entire roast for greater accuracy and more consistent results.
4) Bean temperature is now used for the Target temperature (maximum is set by the user) and is displayed separately.
5) All adjustments are now done using four knobs. Turn clockwise to increase a setting, counter-clockwise to lower. They have infinite rotation and are speed sensitive as well. No more pushing buttons or selecting a parameter before adjusting! No "up and down" arrows to deal with! The time and temp (the two top knobs) set the maximum targets for the roast. The Heat and Fan knobs (bottom two) are dedicated to those functions. Temp in 1% increments and fan speed in 10% increments. All settings are available at any time throughout the roast.
6) USB! Yes, the KN-8828B-2K+ has a USB port located on the side of the control panel. Aritsan has been modified to accept the KN-8828B-2K+ and that version is available as of 5/15/15!
7) The Fan speed and heating element power is constantly displayed
Other notable features are the relocation of the "EJECT button away from all other features to help avoid those frustrating mistakes that result in premature ejection. The control system has been designed around a new, higher-output heating element. Our testing shows that this model is very easily capable of dark roasts that so many enjoy. The setting knobs are the infinite rotation style control and the speed at which you turn them controls the rate of change of the parameter. The display itself is easily read and has a very wide angle of view from the sides as well as above.
- USB computer connection for real-time graphing, logging, and control of the roast. Supported by third party software applications.
- Dual "K type" thermocouples for simultaneous BT and ET display in real time
- Auto and manual control roasting
- Auto mode allows operation much like older models as well
- Full manual control of heating element power and fan speed throughout the roasting process
- Bi-directional, infinite rotation, speed sensitive knobs for Heating Power, Fan Speed, Target Temperature, and Target Roast Duration make changing parameters fast and easy
- High quality, multi-color LED display with wide viewing angle
- Numerous safety functions including manual emergency eject
- Capacity: 225g – 300g per roasting (250g optimal)